Got an idea or random thoughts or while surfing websites you got something to note or simply you want to create a to-do list, then why not capture it in your notes.Taking short notes, of what you learn or any other kinds of stuff that may be useful for you in future, is considered a good habit. There are numerous ways to take notes. Usually, people take notes by writing on papers or notebooks but it becomes quite unfeasible to manage these notes when a number of notes increase. Also finding specific notes can be a really tedious task to do. The best things to do is to create these notes on your smartphones or laptop so that you can easily access any notes within a fraction of seconds.
You can find lots of apps to create notes on the internet. However, in this post, I will share with you one of my all time favorite note taking app, Simplenote. As the name indicates, Simplenote has very simple GUI with great features and is really easy to use. The best thing is that it is open source available all major platforms like Windows, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android and the web.
Simplenote is a regular light, clean and free note taking application packed with great features that are available for major operating systems such as Linux, Windows, Mac OS, Android, and iOS. It is an Open Source Software under the GPLv2 license.
Some of the main features of Simplenote are:
- Easy to access across all your devices
- East to find notes with instant searching and simple tags
- Notes are updated in real time quickly across all devices
- Backup, syncing and sharing are absolutely free\
- Sharing a list, posting instructions or publishing your thoughts can be done easily
A web version of Simplenote is also available where you can also create note and sync across all your devices.How to Hide Files Under Image?Also Read:
As mentioned above, you can install Simplenote across all major operating system. Here, I will show to install it on your Linux machine. On other Windows and Mac OS, you can install it by executing the downloaded file.
- At first, download this app from here.
- Once the download is finished, open the terminal. In the terminal navigate to your Download folder or the folder where you downloaded the file.
$ cd Downloads
- Now type the following command to install:
$ sudo dpkg -i simplenote-1.0.8.deb
- Your downloaded filename may differ from mine so you can replace it with your downloaded filename.
It will prompt you to enter your password. Type your password and hit enter to start the installation.
With Simplenote, creating notes and managing notes across multiple devices is simple. I’ve used it for a long time and I really like it. What you do think about Simplenote? Which app do you use to take notes? Do share it with us in the comments below.