I have been using Pushbullet app to get all those notifications of text messages, phone calls, emails, and WhatsApp messages received on my phone directly to my PC. Recently, I got to know about its Portal app that can be used to transfer files from my PC to my phone more easily.
Now, there’s no need to find your cable and connect your PC to transfer files anymore. Portal app can easily transfer files from your computer to phone without using your data plan. If you want to transfer your files wirelessly then Portal app can be handy.
Portal from Pushbullet
Portal is a new app developed by Pushbullet team. With Portal app, you can instantly transfer your pictures, videos, files, music, and other stuff directly from your computer onto your phone over your WiFi connection. All you need to do is just drag and drop the files once the connection is established between your phone and computer over the same WiFi. You must be connected to the same WiFi in order to transfer your files.
Portal is also smart enough to transfer your received images and music into gallery and music folder respectively. The other files still remain inside the Portal app folder.
Features of Portal
- Easily transfer files even if they’re over 1GB in size
- Does not consume your data while transferring files
- Folders can be transferred along with its files
- Easily access or share the received file via Portal app
- Hassle-free connection within seconds
[rara_box box_color=”info-box”]Also read: How to create a WiFi hotspot for free?[/rara_box]
How to transfer files from your PC to Phone using Portal app?
Portal app is available for both Android and iOS devices.
- First, install the app on your device according to your device: Android / iOS
- Once the installation is finished, open the Portal app.
- Now, go to http://portal.pushbullet.com/
- Tap on Scan to scan the barcode on the above website. A connection will be established between your phone and computer. Remember, your phone and computer must be connected to the same WiFi network.
- Now, drag and drop files or folder that you want to send on that website.
- After you finish transferring files, simply click on Disconnect button.
- Wrapping Up
Portal has made my life a lot easier by allowing to transfer files over WiFi without any kind of connection issues. Currently, it only supports one-way file transfer. It would have been great if it was possible to transfer files from phone to computer. Also, I found the data transfer rate to be slow while transferring large files over 1GB. However, it is a good app to transfer files wirelessly.